Wednesday, September 9, 2009

FEAR

This morning I find myself filled with fear as I look at charts. I see lots of good set ups, the market failed to tank last week, and I expect mad money can be made. But I feel like my teeth have been kicked in too many times. I also will be doing just fine with average returns for now. So I will look to stay long with what I have, go long with 50-100% of available cash in a handful of ETFs, evaluate retirement accounts and perhaps adjust them. I will not sell out of many positions due to short term panics, rather see our current market as slow grower worthy of owning (the big boys ain't selling). I expect ETFs to grow modestly better than the SP500 without the expensive haircuts.

I take this fear as a good dose of rational market maturity all too hardly earned.

No comments:

Post a Comment