Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Getting back in the saddle


I am kind of doing some research. I am not overly excited about it in an emotional manner so perhaps it is good stuff. When I get all worked up on an idea, ie whipped in a frenzy, I tend to make bad or brash decisions. What I am doing is looking at a lot of charts of growth stocks and deciding on better entries. I've had a tough time holding onto some great stocks when getting shaken out. I've thought about identifying leading issues, think about my own classic entries, think about when I would sell out, and then identify better entry point after that obvious shakeout. Kind of a mass market psychology observation. This involves buying when there is fear in the street.

I am trying to get some rules or guidelines together through visual back testing of charts. Really just a collection of ideas and observations.

I am not sure if I will use this to buy and hold (something I have had a tough time doing), or hit a whole bunch of singles over and over.

Click chart to see one such stock, my entry was 27.39, exit 29.7

No comments:

Post a Comment