Friday, February 5, 2010

Blood in the streets


In a way what I think of things does not matter. My thoughts have had me overreact in the markets and have had me whipsawed around a lot.

I have money invested in many types of accounts, the least flexible of these due to rules is the work retirement accounts. For these I have tried to trade following a few simple rules. I like to hold these when the short term moving averages (50day) are higher than the long term averages (200day) and be out of them when the 50 is lower than the 200. I also like to look at charts to see if we are in a pattern of higher highs and higher lows (bull mkt) or lower highs and lower lows (bear).

The current market is scary to participate in. We are making a lower low but the averages still line up nice for an investor.

No comments:

Post a Comment