Tuesday, January 14, 2014

My Hovel of a blog

I am not an internet web programmer.  I am Joe Retail, searching for the next great growth story.  My investing and trading has been shaped by fire and brimstone, the shadows of death, multiple cycles of mania and depression.  I believe in the following:
Day traders lose money en masse.
Buy and hold in low cost index funds ala Bogleheads is best for the masses.
This truth is boring, it does not sell internet traffic well.
Returns in excess of the norms require honest reflection, thought, and research.
Most retail participants to not know what they want and do not know what to do to get what they ought to want.
There is so much to choose from in the market that investors need to know everything possible about a company.

What you need to do:
Decide on what you really want.
Plan the actions that will best get you there.
Execute.
Evaluate.
Adapt.

Let compound interest be your friend (don't lose your shirt)


No comments:

Post a Comment