Saturday, January 23, 2010

Politics, healthcare, economics, my view

I am glad that Brown won in Mass. The state of politics with folks trying to rush through changes to healthcare needed to stop. I appreciate Obama being a CEO and directing where we as a country needs to go, that is the role of a CEO. But it seems arrogant to suggest that politicians know what has to be done to fix this. I suggest that they ought to have more open discussion with providers, insurers, the population, and other socialized states to talk about what they want, what ought to be done, and how to go about it. I fear that deep pocket interests will be taken care of at the expense of the tax rolls making us worse off as a nation. The villification of the the morphine death squads for cancer patients strikes fear without talking facts.

I am reading an interesting book by Henry Hazlitt, Economics in One Lesson. It makes a lot of good points regarding economic interventions and how they fail and makes things worse by not recognizing all the forces involved in a free market.

I do not care about the market sell off of late with my long term positions as long term averages are still looking good. We have one more week to go in the month, looking forward to the review this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment